Cabot Community Tour
Jacksonville, Florida to New York, New YorkSaturday, May 17 - Saturday June, 21, 2014
Celebrating the extraordinary connections among Cooperatives, Volunteers & the Service Organizations served in the Communities by all out tour partners.
Cabot's first-ever 2012 Community Tour was so successful that we are doing it again in 2014! Please join us in "A Celebration of Communities and Good."
In 2014, we will
- Showcase what's great in the communities we visit, celebrate the volunteers who make them tick, and highlight activities that promote vitality.
- Celebrate the many components of a strong community: healthy individuals, financial health, "supporting local," volunteerism and more.
- Alter our 2012 focus by creating smaller, more intimate events with our partners in the communities we visit, rather than large-scale public attractions
We want to connect with you to share ideas. Possibilities include:
- Identify an existing event that celebrates or contributes to your community and join in. Use the opportunity to highlight how your organization also benefits the community
- Organize your coworkers to participate in a community service project for the day. Let us help you promote the event and honor all the volunteers.
- Invite the Community Tour riders to a breakfast or an after-hours 'wine and cheese' reception at your office: welcome them to town and hear about their incredible journey.
- Use our visit as an opportunity to honor an individual or group you'd like to 'call out' for their contribution to community.
Our partners are the key to success
We attribute our success in 2012 to the involvement of our partners and can't wait to hear what you come up with for 2014. Be creative with your participation! Determine what community means to you and let us help you celebrate it.
We're thrilled that Myron and Cathy Skott will return on their now-famous recumbent bicycles as our sponsored riders, along with many of our 2012 partners, including Marriott, AARP and National Life.
To learn more about the 2014 Cabot Community Tour please contact Michelle Silver.